Saturday, August 14, 2010

ReCreate Project

Last night I was part of a Art Show. It was called the ReCreate Project and local artists were asked to recreate famous works of art or photographs or whatever form of art they were inspired to create.
I made three pieces of jewelry for the show. All the art was auctioned and the money made was given to two organizations. The first is called "Two Write Love On Her Arms" which is a ministry for people with addiction, depression, attempted suicide or suicidal ideations. The other is called Invisible Children. This organization rescues kids in Uganda from being kidnapped by the rebel army in Uganda and forced to kill.
All three of my pieces sold at auction and the night was a huge success.
There were various bands also playing to raise money and Nate and I went and had a great time. It was fun seeing my creations sold. It gives me confidence that the LORD has gifted me and is using those gifts to further His kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment